Front brake drum 8" -BGM PRO cast iron- Vespa Wideframe V1-15, V30-33, VU, VM, VN, VL, VB, VBA, VBB, VNA, VNB, ACMA, Hoffmann
Brake drum "Made in Germany" by Strohspeed for BGM PRO.
Fits all Vespa models with 8 inch tyres (except for Vespa Super VNC/VBC).
Made of top-quality cast iron, this brake drum offers many advantages in comparison with the conventional brake drums made of thin steel sheet:
- fits genuine and tubeless wheel rims
- no deformation caused by heating
- perfect run round thanks to the exact centring on the axis (tolerance 0.2 mm!)
- no braking growl
- improved heat dissipation thanks to the cooling fins
- much more stability thanks to the increased total wall thickness
- reinforced with cooling fins
- no brake fade caused by heating (temperature max. 200-240°C)
With this brake drum even a Vespa with 8-inch tyres will have an improved braking power!
Please note: the brake drums are coated with an anti-corrosion oil. Before mounting the brake drum please remove any trace of oil (e.g. with a brake cleaner, see related items). Like all cast iron brake drums, these drums corrode if not protected and if exposed to moisture. In order to protect the outer surface of the brake drum you can use a heat-resistant exhaust paint.
Zini, Stoffis Garage:
"Brake drums work perfectly!!!!!!!!! I took part in the Vespa rally Vespina (with a faulty rear oil seal and a very bad rear brake), up and down through the mountains, with a difference in altitude of almost 1,000 metres, using exclusively the front brake, no overheat, great braking power, amazing!!!!!!!!!!"